Bosnia & Herzegovina – one of the nine countries with two names.
Formerly part of Yugoslavia, Bosnia and Herzegovina has an incredible history.
Churches, cathedrals & bridges – there is a lot to see.
But the country should not be visited just for history, even though there are many historical things to see.
From winter sports in Sarajevo to Rafting in Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina can be a thrilling travel destination.
And I am sure you want to share your travel experiences online.
It is expected nowadays, so share away!
However, you should know that international roaming can be expensive.
If you do not watch out, you may face a costly bill when you go back home – one way to ruin your post-holiday mood.
Luckily, there is one way to stay connected for low rates, which is by getting a travel eSIM.
This way, you can enjoy low rates.
So, how much do Bosnian (travel) eSIMs cost?
You can get an eSIM for Bosnia & Herzegovina for as low as 6 USD up to 34 USD from Airalo (with Bosher) & Holafly offering between 1 GB and 6 GB.
There are some mobile operators who will charge you 100 USD for only 100 MB of roaming data, so these travel eSIM offers are much better than most international roaming deals.
In this guide, I will go over the eSIM options offered by the Bosnian mobile operators, Airalo & Holafly. Let's get started.
Original publication: 30th of August 2022. Last updated: 29th of November 2022.
Table of Contents
eSIMs offered by the Bosnian Mobile Operators
In order to get the best performance out there, it is often recommended to go directly with the local mobile operators because you will get a higher priority on the network compared to roaming.
Unfortunately, none of the mobile operators offer eSIMs to prepaid customers in Bosnia & Herzegovina (yet).
Travel eSIM providers Airalo (with Bosher) & Holafly offer attractive eSIMs for Bosnia & Herzegovina, allowing them to be set up before arriving in Bosnia & Herzegovina and activating them as soon as you land.
Very convenient, right? And I have used eSIMs from Airalo, & Holafly before, and I can assure you they work well!
So let's check out all the options, shall we?
Airalo eSIMs for Bosnia & Herzegovina (Bosher)
Airalo eSIMs are my favorite travel eSIMs out there because they are always good value for money compared to other travel eSIM providers (especially travel eSIMs not mentioned in this guide).
And the same can be said for the Bosher eSIM – 3 GB of data is available for only 12 USD.
The Bosher eSIM uses the HT Eronet network.
Alright, you have six Bosnian Bosher eSIM options:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 1 GB eSIM for 7 days, costing 4.50 USD – most popular with Phone Travel Wiz Readers
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 2 GB eSIM for 15 days, costing 7 USD
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 3 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 9.50 USD – very popular with Phone Travel Wiz Readers
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 5 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 13 USD
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 10 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 21 USD
- Bosnia & Herzegovina/Bosher 20 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 32 USD
When I say that the 1 GB variant is loved by Phone Travel Wiz readers, 65.5% of the readers get the 1 GB variant.
So yeah, it is really popular.
Although I know I would not get that one because 1 GB of nothing, but you do you 🤪.
The Airalo links will automatically get you the available Phone Travel Wiz exclusive offers – a code is unnecessary.
For an in-depth analysis of the Bosnia & Herzegovina Bosher eSIMs (covering pros and cons as well), check out my Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIMs Compared guide.
- Check out my Airalo eSIM reviews
Honestly, the Bosher eSIM gives you the best bang for your buck, and it is the eSIM I recommend the most for Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Airalo Bosher eSIM Pros
So, why should you get the Bosher eSIMs? Well, because of the following:
- You can purchase and set up your Bosher eSIM before arriving in Bosnia & Herzegovina (and activate it upon landing)
- You get full (up to 4G/LTE) access to HT Eronet's network
- The eSIMs are affordable and have generous data allowances
- You can avoid expensive international roaming fees
But it is not all good news with Airalo though – there are some disadvantages.
Airalo Bosher eSIM Cons
So, why should you not get the Bosher eSIM?
- The Bosnian mobile operators have much more generous data allowances
- While you get access to HT Eronet network, your speeds will not be as fast as going with HT Eronet itself because you will be roaming on their networks (and not be a native customer)
- There is no 5G NR access with the Bosher eSIM
- You cannot call or text with the Bosher eSIM (nor can you receive them – you get no (local) phone number)
- You cannot get in-person support (Airalo gets back to you by email fast, but you cannot visit an Airalo store because there are none)
Airalo Bosher eSIM Overall Thoughts
Overall, the Airalo Bosher eSIM is a great eSIM offering a lot for the money you pay (especially compared to many non-EU countries).
You get fast speeds and access to HT Eronet network.
But if making actual phone calls and sending real text messages are important to you (so not through an app like WhatsApp), you may want to buy a Bosnian SIM card instead.
Holafly eSIMs for Bosnia & Herzegovina
The other eSIM provider I recommend is Holafly.
My relationship with Holafly is quite funny.
I knew they existed when they offered travel SIM cards for the Spanish market only.
Then they pivoted to the global market, still offering travel SIM cards.
Eventually, they started offering travel eSIMs for the Spanish market only again before going global.
There are many travel eSIM providers nowadays – new ones pop up every week like mushrooms, so I did not bat an eye.
Until they did something revolutionary.
In 2022, Holafly started offering unlimited data plans for its eSIMs.
And these unlimited data eSIMs can be used in various Asian countries, almost all European Union member states (except for Liechtenstein) & a few other countries, like Canada and the United States.
Unfortunately, unlimited data eSIMs are not available in Bosnia & Herzegovina… yet.
I say yet because Holafly's goal is to offer unlimited data plans for every country it covers: 100+ countries.
And I can tell you that I get positive emails multiple times a week from Phone Travel Wiz readers that have used the unlimited data plans in East- and Southeast Asia, Europe & North America; they love these eSIMs.
For now, you have only one Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM (which uses the HT Eronet network (as well), by the way):
Not much choice, as you can see.
As I recently started my collaboration with Holafly, it offers 5% off each purchase whenever you use code PHONETRAVELWIZ – how cool is that?
- Check out my Holafly reviews
Of course, there are some pros and cons with going with Holafly, so let's go over them.
Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM Pros
So, why should you get the Holafly eSIMs? Well, because of the following:
- Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIMs are affordable compared to roaming
- You get full (up to 4G/LTE) access to HT Eronet network
- You can activate your Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM as soon as you land in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- The Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM offers the most data
But it is not all good news with Holafly though – there are some disadvantages.
Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM Cons
So, why should you not get a Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM?
- You cannot call or text with the Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM (nor can you receive them – you get no (local) phone number)
- Bosnian mobile operators, including HT Eronet, have much more generous data allowances
- While you get full (4G/LTE) access to HT Eronet's network, your speeds may not be as fast as going with HT Eronet directly because you will be roaming on their networks (and not be a native customer)
- You cannot top up your Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM – you would have to buy another eSIM if you need more data
- There is no 5G NR access with the Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM (yet)
Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM Overall Thoughts
While you have only one option for the Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM, it is the most generous eSIM (in terms of data) in this guide.
And the price for the Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM is low compared to expensive Pay As You Go roaming rates for Bosnia & Herzegovina.
But it still is not cheap.
Best eSIMs for in Europe (not just Bosnia & Herzegovina)
So what if you plan to visit neighboring Croatia? Montenegro? Serbia? Or any other country in the European Union?
Unfortunately, you cannot use your Airalo Bosher or Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIMs in any country than Bosnia & Herzegovina.
However, the three eSIM providers do have eSIMs covering all of the European Union and European Economic area + some other countries.
Sadly, Bosnia & Herzegovina is not one of them, but I still want to introduce them to you because they will be much cheaper than buying multiple eSIMs, or SIM cards for that matter, per country.
I highly recommend these Europe eSIMs if you plan to visit multiple European countries to save money!
The Eurolink eSIM is the most popular Airalo eSIM, per Phone Travel Wiz readers.
Most readers tend to visit multiple European countries, so they would rather have a travel eSIM covering multiple countries than just one (like Bosnia & Herzegovina).
The Eurolink eSIM can be used in 39 countries in Europe, including all nations in the European Union (EU).
The eSIM can be used from Iceland to Ukraine and Norway to Spain.
Below is a complete overview of countries the Eurolink eSIM works in:
- Austria 2
- Belgium 2
- Bulgaria 2
- Croatia 2
- Cyprus 2
- Denmark 2
- Estonia 2
- Finland 2
- Gibraltar 1
- Greece 2
- Ireland 2
- Italy 2
- Latvia 2
- Luxembourg 2
- Malta 2
- Poland 2
- Romania 2
- Spain 2
- Sweden 2
- Switzerland 2
- United Kingdom 2
1 on 3G only
2 (limited) 5G NR availability at no additional cost!
With the Eurolink eSIM, you can save a lot of money by skipping the initial SIM card costs per country you visit – averaging 10.78 USD/country in Europe (and get 5G NR access at no additional cost)!
But, as you can see, this eSIM cannot be used in Bosnia & Herzegovina, so it would be useless here but useful in the aforementioned countries.
Either way, it can be useful if you plan on visiting most other European countries.
Below is an overview of how much each Eurolink eSIM costs:
- Europe/Eurolink 1 GB eSIM for 7 day, costing 5 USD
- Europe/Eurolink 3 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 13 USD – very popular with Phone Travel Wiz readers
- Europe/Eurolink 5 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 20 USD – most popular with Phone Travel Wiz readers
- Europe/Eurolink 10 GB eSIM for 30 days, costing 37 USD – very popular with Phone Travel Wiz readers
- Europe/Eurolink 50 GB eSIM for 90 days, costing 100 USD
- Europe/Eurolink 100 GB eSIM for 180 days, costing 185 USD
Honestly, the Eurolink eSIM is my favorite Europe travel eSIM out there. Affordable, extensive & good value for your money.
I also used it during my 1-month tour throughout Europe in 12 countries.
- Check out my Airalo Eurolink eSIM review (tested in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Hungary, Greece, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia & Spain)
So yeah, you can say I have some experience with the Eurolink eSIM 😏.
Holafly & Nomad eSIMs for Europe
Holafly and Nomad also have eSIMs covering all of the European Union (and more).
This eSIM cannot be also used in Bosnia & Herzegovina but once again, it would be useful for the aforementioned countries listed above.
But honestly, the Eurolink eSIM is superior (but you can consider the Holafly Europe eSIM if you want unlimited data in 30+ countries – just do not forget about code PHONETRAVELWIZ if you go with Holafly).
Overview of the Best eSIMs for Bosnia & Herzegovina
None of the Bosnian mobile operators offer eSIMs to prepaid customers.
But we discussed several other options in this guide!
In terms of the travel eSIMs, this would be my recommendation order:
- Airalo's Bosnia & Herzegovina Bosher eSIM (best value for money)
- Holafly Bosnia & Herzegovina eSIM (generous data plans at premium prices)
Remember to use code PHONETRAVELWIZ for Holafly eSIMs – a code is not necessary for Airalo eSIM purchases.
Buying a SIM Card in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Want to just use a SIM card but not your current one because roaming will be criminally expensive?
Consider getting a Bosnian SIM card instead – local SIM cards are the cheapest way to stay connected abroad.
Next Steps to Enhance Your Travel Experiences
Looking for the next steps to enhance your phone travel experiences? Here is what to do:
Support Phone Travel Wiz
It takes a lot of time to analyze, translate & review the SIM card options worldwide (especially to test them out).
Your support helps me keep producing impartial content by eliminating the need to recommend international SIM cards as the best local SIM card (but some of them CAN be useful).
Every Ko-Fi donation, one-time or monthly, helps me to spend more time creating local SIM card buying guides.
Check Out My Resource Page
Looking for the best companies and gadgets to enhance your travel experience?
Check out my travel resources page for the best companies to use when you travel!
Save money with international SIM cards, on plane tickets, bus rides, cruises & accommodation.
Besides that, I also list services and items I use to make my life easier – and I believe they will help you too!
Start Your Own Online Business – Make Money While Traveling
Do you want to learn how I started an online business that allows me to generate income while traveling?
In my starting an online business guide, I tell you which tools, services & products I have for this site and my YouTube channel.
If I can start a business about something I am passionate about (phone travel), then you can do it too!
Learn About Your Phone Travel Options
Each of these options has its pros and cons. Learn more about them, and find the best option for you.
Phone Travel Tips, Tricks & Hacks
I have written many articles with tips and hacks to save money on mobile costs while abroad. You surely want to check them out!
Sign Up for the Phone Travel Wiz Newsletter
Get updates related to the newest guides, videos & recommended products and services.
Moreover, I send you many tips and tricks on saving money while traveling every now and then.
Let's Be Social
Did you know that I have a YouTube channel covering everything you need to know about traveling with your phone?
A lot of useful videos are uploaded multiple times a week, and you do not want to miss out on them!
Learn More About Who Adu Actually Is
Who is the guy behind Phone Travel Wiz? Well, find out on the Ernest Adu about page!